For over 20 years, Chris has provided general business and tax planning services for closely-held, family owned businesses and their owners. In addition, Chris also:
- Meets with families throughout the year to review financial planning questions, discuss retirement issues and college funding ideas and assists with everyday tax questions such as selling stocks, drawing from pension accounts, or buying investment properties.
- Advises clients with important business decisions, including long-range tax planning, fixed-asset management and financing, accounts payable and debt management, entity choice and day-to-day operations.
- Provides income tax preparation and tax planning services to individuals, corporations, partnerships and LLC’s predominately located in South Bend, Granger, Mishawaka, Elkhart and Southern Michigan.
- Represents clients in federal and state tax audits and appeals.
- Has served as a temporary “controller” for small companies in need of short-term assistance.
- Assists / teaches small business owners QuickBooks® data entry, account reconciliations, payroll and general ledger balancing.
Chris graduated from the University of Notre Dame, earning his BA in 1993, and his MBA in 1996. Chris began his 20+ year public accounting career in Indianapolis working for a “Big 4” firm in their federal tax department. There, Chris was charged with the professional development of the departmental staff while managing all client-related tax activities, including all tax compliance, research, business planning, and audit representation. Chris returned to Northern Indiana in April 1999, continuing his career at both large and small accounting firms located in Indiana and Southwest Michigan.
Chris joined Metzger, Mancini & Lackner, LLP in February 2011 and became Partner in 2018.